Jan Hendrik Dyke
On December 20, 1882, Jan Hendrik (called John) married Hendrikje Meyer. She was the daughter of Henry Meyer and Alice Boerman and was born in 1859. John and Hendrikje lived their married life in Holland, Michigan. They had eight children:
- Jantje—born January 30, 1884;
- Anitje—born October 6, 1885;
- Gerrit—born July 19, 1887;
- Hendrik—born October 18, 1889;
- Egbert—born October 23, 1891;
- Geesie—born September 17, 1895, died 1902;
- Jan—born August 3, 1897; and
- Johanna—born April 22, 1900.
Hendrikje Meyer Dyke died in 1901, and Jan Hendrik died on October 7, 1934. They are buried in the Allendale Township Cemetery.
Jan Hendrik’s family, taken before 1900. Back row (standing): Jantje, Gerrit, and Anitje. Middle row (sitting): Jan Hendrik, son Hendrik, Hendrikje with Jan. Front row: Egbert and Geesie. Johanna was not yet born.
Do you have more information to add to this article? Leave a comment in the box below. Include your name and email address so we can contact you. Thank you!